Monday, Monday - January 28, 2008

Monday is a day many pastors take off, but I'm usually in my office. It's a good day to catch up on "stuff" and do some planning for the week if I haven't been able to do that over the weekend.


I began a series called The Story: From Creation to Christ that I plan to preach through this year. I chose 46 different passages/incidents in the Old Testament and am tracing the storyline of the OT to show how it points to Christ. The process of determining what to leave in and what to leave out was interesting and challenging. But I finally settled on what I would do and have mapped out a year's preaching.


I was curious to see if anyone had done this and committed this to print, but I had very limited success in finding anything other than traditional Bible Survey materials. New Tribes Mission has some great materials, and I looked a a few good Children's Bible Story books as well. One of the best is the Jesus Storybook Bible. I love the subtitle: Every Story Whispers His Name.


I am so glad to see that Purgatorio is back. Nothing like the Divine Vinyl section. I can remember those days . . .




0 comments: